Friday, July 11, 2014

When life stops you in your tracks


As I was driving into work this morning I literally hit a roadblock that took me on another path. They are reconstructing an old railway bridge on my normal commute, which means I will have to detour until the construction is complete.  But it made me think about the events of this week and how we get set in our daily routines until something comes along that sets us on another course or opens our eyes to the direction we’ve been traveling and makes us ask if maybe we are concentrating too much on the pathway and not enough on the journey itself. 

It’s so easy to  deliberate on your own two feet that sometimes you miss the emotion in the eyes of everyone else on the trail.  I am so grateful for all the support our family has received in the way of visitors, uplifting notes, prayers and the help of skilled professionals.  And I am also so very blessed to have such a large and supportive family close by to lend a helping hand.    My eyes are open and my heart is full and although there may be a mountain in front of her I will continue to encourage and remind her of her strength and that the only way to conquer any peak is to just take one step at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment